Summer is full of fun in Downtown Appleton and you can enjoy fun art and entertainment all over our downtown.
Here are some Artsy and Entertaining ideas:
- Attend Art On The Town on the third Friday of the month (July 18, Aug. 15, and Sept. 19), with a special feature each month and different artists in 22 venues, there is something for everyone!
- Be a part of the art by creating your own Chalk Masterpiece on July 18. Register at Trout Museum of Art under Events. (Participation is free.) You could win a prize!
- Have a picnic at Houdini Plaza during Lunchtime Live concert every Thursday 11:30am-1pm.
- Rock on at the Heid Music Summer Concerts every Thursday 5:30-8:30pm.
- Mile of Music’s Mile 2 Aug. 7-10 will feature twice as many musicians and triple the number of venues!
- Weekly karaoke is plentiful at the bars Downtown including Apple Pub on Sunday nights, Déjà vu Martini Lounge on Tuesday nights with a live band and University Shot Bar on Wednesday nights.
- Make your own unique garden decoration at The Fire. Choose a tile mosaic, ceramic or wind chime.
- Enjoy a concert at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center featuring: The 5 Milers Folk Music Benefit Concert on July 17, Menopause The Musical Aug. 12-23, Steely Dan on Aug. 19, Ron White Nutcracker on Aug. 22, and The Moody Blues on Sept. 3.