Get engaged in Downtown placemaking!
What would you do?
Share your idea with Appleton Downtown Inc. by leaving a detailed comment on this page.
Leave your comment (link above or box below) and fill in your answer to: My $500 placemaking project idea is….
Please submit your idea by Sept 30!
Mini Placemaking Grant Details
Share your mini Placemaking project idea and the ADI Creative Downtown Committee will review all submitted ideas for possible completion. Please comment with your name and contact email address.
A winning project will be selected by October 8th.
When we complete the project we will award you with a $50 Downtown Gift Certificate!
Other mini grants this year included:
Grants can also be used to leverage additional fundraising to accomplish a larger community project.
More About Creative Placemaking
- Creative Placemaking animates public and private spaces, rejuvenates structures and streetscapes, improves local business viability and public safety, creates jobs beyond the arts and brings diverse people together to celebrate, create, inspire and be inspired.
- In creative Placemaking public, private, not-for-profit and community sectors partner to strategically shape the physical and social character of a neighborhood, city or region, around arts and cultural activities.
- Creative Placemaking is about getting artists and designers, community culture groups, arts research groups, cultural affairs offices and arts organizations out of their silos and into the neighborhoods and regions around them.
- The nonprofit arts and cultural sector in Wisconsin generates $535 million in economic activity, $65 million in local and state revenue, $479 million in resident income, and employs nearly 50,000 full-time jobs among 12,000 businesses. Creative development is evident and growing in every corner of the state.
- Creative centers also tend to be places with thick labor markets that can fulfill the employment needs of members of the creative class, who, by and large, are not looking just for “a job” but for places that offer many employment opportunities.
Please share your favorite creative placemaking project ideas below. We welcome your contributions and community conversation.