10. Check out the Art & Craft booths, with over 180 vendors there is something for everyone. Trust me, everyone!
9. Take this opportunity to stop in to see some of the local shops. Or make a mental note of those you want to visit in the near future. With over 60 unique shops Downtown, you are sure to find that something special for yourself or a gift!
8. The family fun area is designed to make sure everyone has fun (Family Fun Area is located close to the intersection of College & Drew Street). Features include a stage, kiddie carnival rides & games, and more!
7. Travel smart. Valley Transit is offering $0.25 rides during Friday night’s License to Cruise beginning at 3:45 p.m. The special $0.25 fare continues on Saturday during Appleton’s Octoberfest. Fare is good on all bus routes and from park & ride locations! Or you can take a cab which will be parked on the south side of Lawrence St. behind the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel. Or ride your bike and park in the lot at 121 S. State Street operated by the Fox Cities Cycling Association and Appleton Bicycle Shop form 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
6. Port-a-potties and garbage cans are located throughout the 10 blocks.
5. There are over 5 stages with bands offering a variety of music! Enjoy!
4. Have a plan, for how you will get home if you have a little too much fun. See #7.
3. Bring your ID if you want to buy a wrist band and enjoy adult beverages.
NO ID, NO WRISTBAND and then you won’t be able to try the new Magic Marzeniac which was brewed especially for this event!
2. You are helping to give back. Every food booth is run by a non-profit organization or associated with a non-profit organization so you can feel good about what you spend!
1. Have fun! This event has been going on since 1981 (more than 30 years) and is meant to be enjoyable for everyone.
For more about Octoberfest, Appleton’s Mile of Fun, check out the Octoberfest website